To commemorate Da Vinci’s birthday in April we held an Italian theme night. Here is an activity sheet Italy sheet and a word search about Da Vinci.Leonardo Da Vinci word search. They also enjoyed colouring in their own version of the Mona Lisa mona lisa colouring.
Pizza is a big part of Italy so we had a Design your own pizza sheet design a pizza and then we made pizzas using bread cakes, tomato puree and a variety of toppings. These were then cooked for about 5 minutes in the oven and enjoyed by the children.
Here are some Mother’s Day themed activities to share with your young people:
- Here is an activity sheet for Juniors and younger Company activity sheet
- Print these onto card and get younger children to cut out and colour in. They were then attached to daffodils for cheap gifts – these could also be used in a church service gift tags
- Use these templates printed onto card, trimmed along the bottom and folded into thirds for the main part of this card. Use the centres and tissue paper to finish off the card. card template card centre
- Here are some prayers with responses for Mothering Sunday prayers
- This clip is perfect for the older ones to show them the unconditional love of a parent for a child – The Prodigal Son https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNW-dZ8GOm0
As we are now in Lent, here are a few idea for Anchors and Juniors:
- The Anchors spent time looking at the Lenten Cross in church and then completed this colouring sheet.cross
- Here is a lent sheet which we worked through and discussed with our Juniors. I found the sheet on the Internet so take no credit for it, only I cannot credit the source as I can’t remember where I found it lent
- The Juniors and older Anchors tried out this Lenten Quiz at the end of our themed evening to see how much they had learnt. One team of Juniors managed to get 10 out of 10! lent quiz
Today is National Sing Up Day and here are some ideas to help you celebrate or participate.
Chinese New Year falls in January or February each year so here are some ideas for the older ones.
Here are some colouring pictures from www.activityvillage.co.uk lantern colouring zodiac colouring Here is also a word search chinese_new_year_word_search
Here is some information about Chinese New Year the_story_of_the_chinese_zodiac_printable and here is a quick fact file link http://www.topmarks.co.uk/ChineseNewYear/ChineseNewYear.aspx Also use the table at the top to look up what animal each child is.
We also did some Chinese Food tasting which was fun and talked about fortune cookies! We ended the night with a quiz to see what we had learnt. The winner received RED sweets to go with theme of red being a lucky colour in China.
This week was Martin Luther King Day so we had a look at some of what he said and what he dreamed of.
We played the Westlife song ‘I have a dream’ as they entered and settled down. After lightening a candle we had a chat about who MLK was and what they already knew about him. Some of them were aware of his famous ‘I have a dream speech’ – you could read it to them or let them watch/listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vDWWy4CMhE
We went on to talk about some of his other speeches and how fitting this was. We spoke about the need for change in all of our lives, in schools, in churches and in the BB. We spoke about moving forward and how we can do that.
We then went back to dreams and spoke about our personal dreams. I played the piece of music ‘Lili’s Dream’ from the film ‘The Danish Girl’ whilst they went away and wrote their dreams for the world onto these templates. dream We then shared this and took photos before praying about their ideas. Here are a few of the photos